Last updated on January 5th, 2022 at 09:00 am
What do you know about Hashimoto disease?
Hashimoto disease is diagnosed when your immune system starts attacking your thyroid that is small gland exactly at base of Adam’s apple in males and in females it is at the center of their throat. It is part of endocrine system that is responsible for producing hormones that are required for maintaining body coordination. In many cases hashimoto disease is also responsible for chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis that produces inflammation and most probably leads towards hypothyroidism. As per researchers of United States this is the first stage of the problem that can worsen the mal-functioning of the thyroid gland. In fact, 99% of times this disease has led towards worsening on the condition. It is very common in kids, women and men but most common people who face this problem are middle-aged people.
It is important to have proper diagnosis of this problem as its symptoms can overlap various other health issues. Generally it is observed that Hashimoto can be confirmed by doctors because when they take test for your thyroid function then this disease can be easily captured. Treatment of this problem with thyroid hormone replacement is the best and most effective alternative that is practiced in the modern times. Here we bring you topmost reasons that can significantly contribute in developing hashimoto disease –
- Age Group – This disease can occur to any age group but middle aged people are most prone to this disease.
- Heredity of family – In case anyone of your family member had this problem then you are under huge threat.
- Sex – Women have much more chances as compared with kids and men for facing this problem.
- Other autoimmune disease – In case you have autoimmune disease then it will increase the chances that you can capture this problem.
Here, we bring you very common signs of hypothyroidism that might arise with the passage of time if the disease is untreated –
- High Blood Pressure
- Pale, puffy skin of face
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Dry Skin
- Hoarse Voice
- Increased sensitivity against cold
- Weight gain without any reason
- Aches in muscle
- Weakness in muscles
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding
It is very important that you remain vigilant about your health and in case you are recognizing the above mentioned symptoms in your body then you should consult the doctor without any delay. The more proactive you are towards seeking the medical aid; more are the chances of eliminating the problem completely. Moreover, you should meet the doctor immediately if you are facing some signs of thyroid problems –
- If you had thyroid surgery in your past or very recently
- In case you are treated with Anti-Thyroid medications and Radioactive iodine etc
- If you ever had Radiation therapy (Particularly on your neck, chest, head or upper body parts