The NCLEX exam results are back for 2014.
The following is the actual breakdown for the exam:
There are many resources available to help you with your test taking strategies. Take as many NCLEX practice questions tests as you can. I would recommend taking the NCLEX as soon as possible as graduation. Waiting until you feel the perfect time for taking the test will diminish your test taking strategies.
Grab the NCLEX books and continue taking practice test NCLEX review questions. Amazon has quite a few in stock and always your best bet for tackling these questions.
Be very careful with websites that guarantee pass rates. Check their qualifications for you to get a refund if you do not pass using their methods.
Keep your test date to yourself. There is more stress added on your shoulders if you tell people that you are taking the exam on a certain date. I guarantee that you will continually be asked if you got your results. It is always best to announce if needed that you have passed the NCLEX after you have received the letter.
There are many test prep programs available right after graduation. Many schools continue to offer free test prep to their graduating students to help with the pass NCLEX pass rate. But you are the one responsible for studying and taking the NCLEX practice questions daily. Many students have the concepts and information down and understand the nursing process etc. however, they have such anxiety at test taking time that it impacts their results of taking the test itself.
Foreign Nursing Students:
For those who are from countries where English is not the primary language, we recommend taking some additional medical terminology and basic English courses or refresher courses online that are offered to forgien students. The NCLEX offers very subtle information in some of the questions and if your English is not up to par, you may miss important information in the NCLEX test question.
If you graduated from nursing school a long time ago or have been a practicing nurse in another country, coming into the United States will necessitate taking the NCLEX exam to practice here. Once again if you are anticipating coming to the United States to practice, start taking the NCLEX practice tests immediately. There are many free resources on the internet. Set up a schedule so that you are used to the NCLEX question format. Developing test taking strategies are really half of the battle for passing the NCLEX exam.
We have a small practice exam on this website. Follow this link to see how you do.
All Nursing Students
Regardless of the path you choose to taking the NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN exam, please try to incorporate the following habits prior to taking the exam:
- Set a schedule. Set aside time every day or every week to study and practice exam questions
- Stay informed on the newest nursing skills, medications, and research, you never know when it starts getting tested.
- Schedule the exam as soon as possible after graduating when information is fresh.
- Take advantage of test questions on multiple sites.
- Grab those difficult topics and embrace them. Learn everything you can about it.
- Use You Tube and Podcasts that help with your understanding and comprehension of the subject. We have some on this website : PODCASTS
- If you do not pass, DO NOT GIVE UP. Some of the most successful people in history failed more times than they care to remember. One thing that set them apart is that they never gave up.